Okay, I meant to post this yesterday, but yesterday went to hell in a hand basket, so here we are today. 😛
I woke up this morning not having a clue what I was going to write about today. This last week has been kind of cruddy for me and I couldn’t think of anything happy to talk about. But then I remembered what people always say, when you’re feeling down, count your blessings and what you’re thankful for, so that’s what I’m going to do.
So, once a month, like many women, I get super grumpy and irritable and my body seems to go on strike and do everything it can to make me feel miserable. For a week or more I sit around hating the fact that I am female. But today, I want to talk about all the reasons it’s good to be a girl. 🙂
- In my opinion, girls are just naturally prettier than boys. We’re all round and soft and squishy in all the right places. There’s a reason God made Eve last, it takes time to make something this perfect. 😉
- With that, we have more options in how we beautify ourselves. More clothing styles, more hairstyles, make up, perfume, the works.
- Our reproductive organs are all nicely tucked away inside of our bodies. I just can’t imagine men are very comfortable most of the time.
- Speaking of reproduction, we are the only ones that can have children. Maybe one day technology will be able to make men have babies (and I’ll be totally on board with that) but until then, we’re the ones that get to do that. As unfun as it is sometimes, overall, having children and raising children is a wonderful and amazing thing. That’s why we put up with this monthly pain and annoyance.
- I’ll try not to be all sexist and say that women are better than men at almost everything, because that is more on an individual basis than a gender one, but it is nice that in this day and age, women can do practically anything they want. We can stay home with kids or we can go out and have a career in almost any field. Thank you, early feminist.
And there you have it. This is what I tell my self when I have those, “I don’t want to be a girl!” days. It helps to think positive. 🙂